New federal funding is now available to help individuals struggling with rent or mortgage payments due to COVID-19.
Here’s what you should know:
- – Expanded assistance is available for back rent and utilities.
- – Renters and landlords may received up to 12 months of rental assistance with past due rent, plus up to three months of future rent.
- – Renters may also receive up to $1,500 for overdue utilities accrued after March 13, 2020.
- – Priority will be made for very low-income and unemployed applicants.
- When you apply, you will have to document your income, housing, and other household information.
- Please note if your application does not have all required documents, or accurate contact information, it will take additional time to process (see the graphic below).
To apply or for more information, visit here: https://berkshirehousing.com/raft-applications-in-other…/