To ensure the political, educational, social and economic equality of all rights for all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination.
NAACP Berkshire County Branch Purpose
- Take action with intentional focus on the NAACP “game changers in order to build community
- Economic sustainability
- Public Safety and criminal jusrtice
- Voting Rights and political representattion
- Expanded youth and young adult engagement
- Climate justice
2. Advocate/defend/protect the equality of rights for all persons in the Berkshires
3. Advocate for progressive change through collection of data, dissemination of information , influencing policy and being timely in our response to major issues of injustice in Berkshires, Massachusetts and the country.
4. Support and advocate for individuals who experience specific incidents of discrimination.
5. Advocate that systems, structures and policies be in place to help create equal opporunity for all persons by using legal instruments, written and verbal advocacy, moral authority, and direct action when necessary, to challenge those in positions of power in the community.