The Berkshire County Branch’s Political Action Committee (PAC) will support the NAACP’s mission to ensure political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and eliminate race-based discrimination. The PAC works to ensure voter empowerment through providing awareness, training, voter registration, education, and election participation. The NAACP has developed a nonpartisan voter empowerment program designed to empower Black, Brown, and people of color by increasing awareness and participation in the electoral process.
- Promote speakers and discussions regarding relevant political actions;
- Issue-focused political action notifications through email and social media;
- Promote participation in local, state, and national elections;
- Facilitate engagement with elected officials;
- Work towards diversity and inclusion in all municipal boards and commissions;
- Partner with local, state, and national civic organizations;
- Inform the electorate of candidate views;
- Hold elected officials accountable;
- Collaborate with other NAACP committees.
Currently, the PAC meets on the first Thursday of every month at 6:00 PM. Please email Helen: (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details if you wish to attend.
Goals are in the process of being established and will be published when completed.
- Hold candidate forums for 2022 elections
- Sponsor local legislators to discuss relevant bills;
- Assist with the Gray to Green project;
- Advocate for relevant local, state, and federal legislation that aligns with the mission and vision of the NAACP;
- Collaborate with the League of Women Voters to register community members to vote at community events;
- Legislator report cards.
Co-Chairs and contact information
Helen Moon: email@example.com
Kamaar Taliaferro: firstname.lastname@example.org